Who am I to this world??


After a hectic day at work, I wanted to relax for sometime and planned to have a Irani tea at a local hotel. As I was enjoying my cup of tea, my eyes suddenly started focusing towards a poor beggar who was starving for food outside the hotel. I was little disappointed and felt bad that this guy had to beg and there was no justice. But one thing I could realize that this guy was noticed by each and everyone. Some donated money, some were harsh at him but he was definitely noticed. I sat down for some more time thinking much deeper. Suddenly, I started hearing lot of crackers burnt around and was eager to know what was happening. I could see my local peoples representative having a big procession as he won the elections conducted recently. I could see lot of people eager have a handshake with him and shouting slogans in favor. He was so lucky that he was noticed by many people. I went home early that day and was about to enter my home. My little 5 old kiddu rushed towards and me and started explaining about Einstein who was famous Scientist. Kiddu started explaining about Einstein who just turned around the science with his theories. I could see that the kiddu was super excited learning about Einstein and his theories. I relaxed for little and switched on the television to know the latest news and happenings. There was a guy who was receiving a huge reception in a ceremony function. I came to know that he acted in his first movie which became a huge hit. He is being facilitated for bagging a big hit with his debut movie.

Today has been a most frustrating day for me. I started feeling that everyone were getting noticed in their respective fields. I was little devastated, down and angry with myself for not achieving myself. I called my wife and shooted a question at her, "who am I?".  She instantly replied that you are Ravi and father of kiddu and husband of Jiddu. That is what I was expecting, what more can I as a normal man?? I felt within myself that I am a normal middle class man and just a worthless husband who just earns for my survival. My wife noticed that I was little down today and walked towards me to know the reason behind. I explained her what I was feeling within. Then she consoled me saying that you are a good human being first, then an understanding husband, a sweet father to kiddu and moreover the most loveliest kid to your parents. She further with lots of love said, You are being recognized by your family as the best one, then whose recognition, do you expect? I was speechless for sometime but I realized that it is the people in my family who has to recognize me first and not the others. I also felt that this is what gives me more happiness than anything. Then on wards, I never got a thought of who am I to this world.

Post a Comment

0 Comments