My Life - Only my choice (or) Driven?


It was beautiful Sunday morning and I woke up bit early that day. We have news paper delivered to our doorstep every morning and as always it is filled with ads. I picked the news paper while sipping a cup of coffee. One of the paper of the news paper was blow up with a colorful advertisement of a popular super market. The advertisement has luring 75% offers for groceries and different consumables. The advertisement straight away impressed my wife and we had to go to the super market. My wife was so scared that the offer might be over if stocks doesn't last. I knew that it was a marketing tactic to use the phrase "till stocks last" but I couldn't convince her. Here my choices were gone, one I wanted to take rest the whole day and secondly i wanted to save some money and now that second I realized that there is no chance for savings anymore. Unwillingly, I started to super store and our target was to buy some basic needs for home and looking at the items we almost bought items enough for 2-3 families for 2-3 months. Just to given an example, we never buy biscuit packets at near buy stores but when we saw that biscuit packet worth 10 Indian rupees was available for 5 Indian rupees claiming 50% OFF, we just couldn't stop buying it. We never had an intention to buy biscuit packet at any point in the last 5-10 years, leaving my childhood,but just a display with good discount just drawn us towards it. 

Likewise, there were many offers in that super store and we took that opportunity to buy all of them. While my wife was having a hectic timeout in the store, I decided to relax a bit by reading the latest news on my mobile. This also did not work as I was browsing through the news website, pop-ups started appearing about movies, sports and other happenings. My interest was politics but those pop-ups started drawing my attention and finally ending up reading things out of my interest. So, the day passed without much of my control and I started worrying a little while going to the bed on the happenings. On the next day, a boring Monday, my thoughts was fully focused on how to skip from this virtual world and live my own life. I decided not to get biased by any of the happenings around. We were having lunch at office with my colleagues and the this is the place where the all the possible topics in the world come up for discussion. The burning topic on the table was how to save money and everyone started giving views on saving in mutual funds and except me everyone had mutual funds investments and post the one hour discussion my target was to invest in mutual funds. I was driven very horribly by that discussion and I decide I have to even though throughout my life I never thought of it. Post lunch, one of my colleague, who is a movie buff, started opening a movie booking website and started searching for movies in the market. Unfortunately, one of the flop movie that evening had an offer on the tickets and it is 5 + 5. Coincidentally, we were 10 colleagues and what next, I had to book tickets that 5 + 5 offer was only available on the debit card I was using. Whenever, I want to watch a movie, my only criteria was to read the movie review on the release day and go ahead even without a second thought. If the review is negative, I don't even think of that movie again. That day I had to forfeit my movie tradition and had to watch the flop movie with my colleagues. 

There are many such situations like this in our lives and technologies like Artificial Intelligence our lives can turn horrible and one day everyone shall be least bothered about our intelligence as machine takes over!! 

Post a Comment

0 Comments