Does my degree matter?


We had to travel early morning to a temple station near by. The starting time was planned around 3AM in the morning and we thought to start as early as possible as we had to return back by evening. I was pressurizing mother at home to get ready but she was at her usual slow and calm nature doing things her own way. I started shouting as she was still preparing things in kitchen. It was already 3.30AM and I lost my cool and shouted few more times. My entire focus was on starting early and coming back on scheduled time. I wanted to show the people at home how good my planning was. Amid all the chaos created by me, we started around 5AM. I was scribbling all along the journey for delaying by 2 hours.

We reached the temple station around 10AM and were done with the things by 11AM. Even though things are going as per plan, I was still angry. When we came out, all of us started feeling hungry and one among us said that we have to go to a near by hotel, my mum sitting in the back seat in a low voice said, why hotel when things are prepared. We were surprised that she planned for breakfast and none of us were aware of it. 11 guys going to a hotel would have left a big hole in the pocket and adding to it the health worries that were there. This made me cool down a little and we started back to home town after an hour break.

We reached home by 2 PM and were bang on schedule. Now all of us were tired and my uncle opened up suddenly saying that he was feeling hungry. Again my mom appeared from no where saying that everything was ready and she asked to be at the dinning table in few minutes. I was stunned and asked her if she is ordering from near by hotel. She promptly replied back saying that everything was well planned. I could not speak out.

I am a MBA graduate and working as a planning architect in a best company in our locality I always feel that I am the best in planning. During this journey plan my entire focus was on starting and arriving on time. I always planned that having food outside could save time at home and makes things easy. But my mom who was tenth failed proved that she is much better planner than mine. If we had breakfast and food outside, it would have been costly and adding to it the health affects. But moms thought was different, if everything was cooked, the delay in journey would be 1 hour but it would end up saving money and health. I felt bad for shouting in the morning for delaying things. I started believing from that moment it is not the degree in studies that gives the edge, it is the thought process of the person that helps him.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Very nice..Little dramatise the episode so that readers will enjoy ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, thank you for the suggestion .. Keep visiting the blog..

    ReplyDelete